There crème brûlée, literally burnt cream, It is a typical sweet preparation of French cuisine that seems to date back to the distant 1690. The crème brûlée is a delicious cream, served as a dessert spoon, which has a sweet and crunchy surface, made of a layer of caramelized sugar.
There crème brûlée It is very similar to the equally famous Catalan cream and often the two preparations are confused; the main difference consists in the fact that the first is cooked in water bath and is prepared with fresh cream and milk, while the second is cooked on the stove and is prepared exclusively with milk.
There crème brûlée is a very simple cream, type the custard, made with simple ingredients like milk, cream, sugar and eggs, which lends itself well to be served as a refreshing dessert after dinner for an important lunch!
Read also how to make the rocher Cream
How to make creme brulee
The crème brûlée, literally burnt cream is a dessert spoon made from English caramelized cream.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- To prepare the crème brûlée put the milk, the cream and the vanilla bean scraped into a small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile combine the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy and work them.
- As soon as the milk starts to boil, turn off the heat, remove the vanilla pod and add a ladle at a time to the cream sugar and mixing eggs gradually.
- Incorporate all the cream and distribute in ramekins and place in a baking pan fill with boiling water, which will cover up to 1/3 of the outer layer of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for 60 minutes.
- In this way we will proceed to the cooking oven in a water bath, which distinguishes the preparation of Brulee.
- When cooked, the cream should appear golden.
- Now sprinkle the surface of coccottine with 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar and caramellizzarla.
- To caramelize you can proceed with the special instrument, the caramellizzatore, or spending a few minutes cocottine again in the oven (after removing the water from the pan) to the grill function.
- The surface of the cream should have a look "burned".
- Your creme Brulee ready!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
The Creme Brulee is kept in the refrigerator 1-2 days at most.