The tarts cream with sour cherries are delicious treats to be prepared on the occasion of Father's Day if you want to propose the sweets that is different from traditional Saint Joseph's Zeppole. Whereas, moreover, often the classic donuts are not the favorite sweets from children, with these tarts can easily offer a sweet good and simple enough to be fully appreciated by the whole family.
To prepare these tarts to the cream I chose a base made with short pastry oil, simple, soft and lighter than the traditional one, but the fact remains that you can also use a classic shortbread, butter. The short pastry oil has the advantage, in addition to being lightweight, to be also suitable in cases of intolerance to milk proteins; in this case for the custard choose a soy milk or lactose.
Read also how to make the tart Nutella
How to make the tarts to the cream with sour cherries
The tarts to the cream with sour cherries are small tarts with cream, ideal to vary the typical dessert prepared on the occasion of Father's Day!
Ingredients (for 6 tartlets)
For the short pastry:
- To prepare the tarts cream with sour cherries started to prepare the pastry, you can decide between a short pastry oil or a classic shortbread, I chose the first; the preparation is not much different, what changes are basically the ingredients.
- Brought together in a bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, eggs and add the oil.
- Work the ingredients, first with a spoon, then with your hands, until a compact dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the classic custard, work the eggs with the sugar until mixture is puffy and fluffy dough, heat the milk and infuse for ten minutes a vanilla bean Incidentally, including its seeds.
- then add the milk (after removing the pod) to the cream, eggs and sugar as you continue to work.
- Add the cornstarch and work well together, then transfer the cream into a saucepan and put it on the fire, stirring with a whisk as not to form lumps, until it thicken.
- When the cream is ready transfer it into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap in contact and let cool completely.
- Take back the pastry and divide dough into 6 equal parts, with each consisting of the disks that you spread a little 'for lining the buttered molds.
- Prick the base of the tart, then cover them with sheets of parchment paper and add the weights (are fine dried vegetables) to prevent them from raising during cooking.
- Bake the tart in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes, then sfornatele, eliminated legumes and let them cool completely.
- Stuff the prepared tart with cream and decorate with cherries in syrup.
- Your tarts cream with sour cherries are ready, you can serve them.
You might also be interested in reading how to do Custard tarts with Thermomix