There pastiera chocolate It is a variant of the classic and usual Neapolitan pastries, which is prepared at my house over Easter. With pastiera chocolate replacing the flavors of orange blossoms, wild flowers and cinnamon with dark chocolate and liquor Witch.
The recipe for this pastiera, I do not know whether it was "invented" by my mom or my aunt, is the alternative to classic pastiera that this year I recommend you try! Do you think that as a child I knew this pastiera, ignoring the traditional one (instead of my house is not done!) And I have known rather than "tradizonale" only a few years ago. To date honestly still do not know to say which is my favorite, I'll explain in general how do: every year I put in a plate two slices of pastiera, a Neapolitan and a chocolate, and I try to figure out what my favorite! Too bad I have not yet dissolved the riddle ... so continuously ever to prepare them, and especially to eat them, both! 😉
Read also how to make the Easter dove
How do pastiera chocolate
Pastiera chocolate is the chocolate version of the classic Neapolitan Pastiera, ideal for changing the original recipe or any color you do not like the classic flavors kind of orange blossoms, wild flowers and candied fruit.
Ingredients (for 6-8 persons)
For the short pastry:
For the stuffing:
- To prepare the pastiera chocolate started to prepare the pastry according to the basic recipe, to see the full recipe click here: how to make the pastry.
- In a bowl brought together the flour, sugar, cold butter into small pieces, eggs, salt, vanilla and baking powder and processed everything quickly to form a compact dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put it to rest half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream filling: Put the milk in a saucepan with the grain precooked and bring to a boil, stir every now and expect to get a fairly thick cream.
- Transfer the cream of wheat in a bowl and let cool.
- The ricotta with the sugar and the liqueur Strega, work the eggs and add them to the cream cheese.
- Also add the corn and finally the chocolate coarsely chopped.
- Mix all the ingredients for a cream rather smooth.
- Take back the pastry and roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a sheet circular, keeping aside a little 'for the strips of decoration, pour the cream filling and trim the edges of the dough.
- With the pastry from the most advanced sealing derive the strips you are going to place on the cream to decorate pastiera.
- Pastiera Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the pastiera appears golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely pastiera before serving, to allow a complete assemblage of flavors.
- Your pastiera chocolate is ready!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
As with the classic pastiera, this pastiera chocolate tastes better eaten the next day.