There pastry with olive oil is a variant of the classic pastry, prepared without butter, therefore lighter but equally crumbly. the pastry also oil, as the classic one can be used for the preparation of all types of cakes that require a basic crumbly, like the tarts.
To prepare a good pastry oil is useful to begin to knead with a spoon, as the beginning the dough has a good amount of liquid (the same date from the oil), and is therefore very sticky, you can go from ' use the spoon to your hands as soon as the dough acquires consistency.
For an even more delicate taste of the pastry with oil, you can decide to replace the classic olive oil (genuine but sometimes a bit 'decided in taste) with the vegetable oil, always prefer to peanut.
The short pastry oil, as the traditional one, to be used requires a certain cooling time in the refrigerator, which will serve to firm up the dough and making it more workable. This pastry has the characteristic of being very soft and elastic, so also is rather simple roll it, if you need to, you can always help you with two sheets of parchment paper.
Read also how to make the classic Shortbread
How to make the pastry oil
The short pastry oil is a very basic preparation used for the preparation of sweets, which does not use butter or dairy products.
Ingredients (per 550g of pasta)
- To prepare the shortcrust pastry with oil brought together in a bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and add the oil.
- Started working the dough with a spoon or spatula, as initially will be very sticky (given the amount of liquid you have added), and then absorb the liquid.
- As soon as the mixture acquires consistency you continue working by hand to compact the mixture well. Form a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour before using it.
- Your pastry oil is ready!
Also interesting for you how to make the Short pastry oil with Thermomix