The French Toast It is a preparation, contrary to what the name suggests, of American origin, spread a bit 'all over the world, also known as "eggy bread","german toast","gypsy toast","poor knights", or "spanish toast". In any case it is a recipe which provides for the preparation of thick bread "soaked" in the beaten eggs with milk and subsequently fried in butter. A rich and tasty dishes that you can try for a brunch or for a Sunday breakfast in perfect relax style.
The french toast see is a simple version, where the slices of bread, or Brioche Pan Dolce, are soaked in beaten egg and milk and fried, that a version a bit 'richer, which instead involves first filling a mo' sandwich, then move on to frying, a little 'as with the french toast served to Hong Kong, typically served at tea time.
The french toast is still a recipe that sees its own version in France, where he prepares the "pain perdu", A bread served as breakfast, snack or dessert. In Spain we find the "torrija"A typical preparation of Lent and Holy Week.
Read also how to make French toast roll ups
How to make French toast
The french toast is an American-born toast, made with slices of bread soaked in beaten egg and then fried in butter.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- To prepare French Toast started to slice the brioche bread, which you can also do it yourself by following my delicious recipe for homemade brioche, into slices 1,5-2cm thickness.
- Now prepare a beaten egg: Break the eggs into a bowl (quite wide, so it will be easier to soak the bread slices), add a pinch of salt and knead with a whisk. Combine the milk and work some more 'to blend the mixture.
- Also add a pinch of cinnamon to flavor everything.
- Take the slices of bread and dip them quickly in beaten egg, on both sides. Then fry the sandwiches for a bit 'of butter that you have melted in a pan; used a little butter at a time, often by cleaning the pan, to avoid having "burns" on toast. Saute the sandwiches on both sides until golden brown. You will see that the French toast will become golden and crispy outside, while inside will remain soft.
- Serve piping hot french toast, dusting them with icing sugar and accompanied with berries and maple syrup.
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
The French toast are delicious home made and served, and tasted still warm. It 'not advisable to store them along, as they lose the fragrance that characterizes them.