There chiffon cake with chocolate It is an American donut, high, soft and incredibly soft that it melts in your mouth with every bite. Think of the incredible softness of a cloud and try to imagine what you could try tasting it, then close your eyes and give a bite to your slice of chiffon cake, soon you will find that such a sweet soft and incredibly light taste you have not ever tasted, even in your wildest dreams!
The chiffon cake with chocolate is one of the most popular versions to make the American chiffon cake, the one that appeals to everyone: children, gluttons and wolverines! And yes, because despite its simplicity, this cake with its delicate flavor of chocolate is one of the cakes that also pleases those who prefer the cakes super stuffed and extremely caloric! A cloud covered chocolate that no one, absolutely no one, can resist.
The chocolate chiffon cake is a cake that can be served au naturel, as it stands, stuffed or covered with icing. You can choose it for breakfast or use it as a base for a birthday cake. Its incredible softness, which you can check by hand, the cake is a lot and then lowers back in its original form without deformation, is granted to it by the cream of tartar, which added to the egg whites when they are mounted, give texture and softness to the snow, it remains even after it is incorporated to the mixture and subsequently after cooking.
Read also how to make the classic chiffon cake
How to make a chocolate chiffon cake
The chocolate chiffon cake is a moist cake shaped like a donut, made with an American recipe, its delicious and spongy chocolate version.
Ingredients (for 12 persons)
- To prepare the chiffon cake with chocolate started to separate the egg whites from the yolks and whisk the whites with an electric whisk or a planetary mixer, adding after a while 'cream of tartar. You'll have to get a stiff peaks form, firm and soft.
- Now together in a bowl the sugar and the egg yolks and work even these, always with the whisk, for about ten minutes, until creamy swells. Only when the cream will be swollen to add wire, continuing to work the water and the oil.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla and when liquids are also incorporated together the dry ingredients, adding a tablespoon at a time, then gradually incorporating them all.
- Finally add the whites whipped, little by little, stirring from the bottom upwards, not to dismantle.
- Pour the mixture into a mold for chiffon cake without imburrarlo, and not shake transfer it in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 60 minutes. Always check the area with a toothpick and when the donut is ready sfornatela and let cool upside down.
- When the cake is completely cooled past a spatula around the sides of the mold to release it and do the same to remove it from the base.
- The chocolate your chiffon cake is ready to be enjoyed!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
The chiffon cake with chocolate, like all donuts chiffon cake, must be cooled upside down, using the legs OF THE SPECIAL mold, or by arranging a common ring mold (high enough) upside down on the neck of a bottle.