The alfajores with dulce de leche They are of South American origin sweets, known mostly in Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, made with two soft biscuits made with flour and frumina and a creamy filling of dulce leche, a cream amber to caramel taste.
In truth alfajior It is a fairly common name, which is attributed to different types of preparations, mostly sweet, typical of Spain and South America, that sink their origins in the Arab gastronomic tradition, in fact alfajior Arabic for stuffing. In the alfaior effects always occur as a pair of sandwich biscuits with a filling that can assume different tastes; the most famous are certainly alfajior with dulce de leche. They can be glazed or simply dusted with icing sugar.
Read also how to make Gallettas de cornstarch
How do alfajores with dulce de leche
Alfajores with dulce de leche are Argentine pastries, made with two soft frumina biscuits spanning a filling of dulce de leche.
Ingredients (for 20 cupcakes)
- To prepare alfajores with dulce de leche you must first prepare the dulce de leche, followed the linked recipe using half of the indicated doses, in such a way to get the right quantity of cream.
- Let cool completely dulce de leche and store in the refrigerator to harden.
- Then move to the preparation of biscuits: together in a bowl the sugar and softened butter in pieces and work with the whisk to obtain a cream.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and work still to absorb the eggs to the cream sugar and butter.
- Mix with flour, frumina, grated lemon peel and baking powder and work still to incorporate the ingredients.
- Transfer the dough on a sheet of film, try to compact it forming a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and let it harden in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours.
- Take back the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, getting a cookies with cutters with a diameter of 5-6mm thickness of 3mm sheet, thus obtained. Knead the dough and cut more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, storing cookies in the refrigerator again if in the meantime they are heated too, then bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 8 minutes, after cooking will be blank anyway. Remove from the oven and let cool completely alfajores.
- Stuffed half the cookies with dulce de leche, then cover with the remaining and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Your alfajores with dulce de leche are ready!