The strudel chard and smoked cheese It is one of those cottages that you can whip up in the evening when you have to cook dinner but do not have much time and want to prepare something tasty. In these cases, as often happens, simply open the refrigerator and find hidden that ingredient, which together with a traditional roll of puff pastry, allow you to save even this dinner.
Strudel chard and smoked cheese is a perfect salt preparation to offer your guests or your family to a vegetarian country that has nothing to envy to those traditionally prepared with ingredients that excludes those who follow a diet of this type.
Strudel chard and smoked cheese is a variation on the theme to the classic strudel made with traditional spinach. Chard (or beets) Furthermore, with their sweet and delicate taste, like easily to children, who will be literally conquered by this preparation.
Read also how to make strudel chicory
How to make strudel chard and smoked cheese
Strudel chard and smoked cheese is a simple rustic pasta sheet to be prepared in no time, always perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients for 4 people)
- To prepare strudel chard and smoked cheese started to wash the beets, discarding any damaged leaves. Bring plenty of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and boil the beets, until they become tender. Once cooked, drain and leave to cool in a colander, to make him lose the excess water. Finally, season with salt and oil.
- Cut the scamorza or mozzarella, putting it to drain from the excess whey, it should contain a lot.
- Now open the puff pastry and put over the beets, leaving 1-2cm from the edge. Add the smoked cheese and roll the puff pastry on itself, to give the characteristic shape rolled the strudel.
- Place the strudel on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, engrave the surface with the cross cuts and brush the surface with beaten egg yolk with a little 'of milk or water, or with egg white, lightly beaten.
- Bake strudel beets in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes, if you color too can lower the temperature to 180 °. Then sfornatelo and let cool.
- Your strudel chard and smoked cheese is ready to be tasted!