The cottages are a great passion of mine, I experience all kinds, from simple and fast with the pastry to those leavened, that require a little 'waiting. The fillings then drive me crazy ... I can wander from meats, vegetables up to also try the version of "sea". I think they are really versatile, useful for a buffet for dinner, and this is one of the occasions on which I propose them at least once a week.
But my favorites are definitely the rustic with a super soft dough, like my mother there has always prepared them! The trick is pretty simple, to make a soft and inviting rustic even for children, just add a crushed boiled potato dough, sostitendola a part of the flour. This will give it a consistency that rivals the best takeaways!
The Rustic roll is a simple coiled rustic, prepararato following the principles mentioned, you'll experience in the ham and provolone versions, mortadella and mozzarella, eggplant mushroom and provolone, sautéed zucchini and ricotta ... In short, you merely have to imagine this wonderful roll on your table: and you as the farcireste?
How do Rustic Roll
Ingredients (for 5-6 persons)
- To prepare Rustic roll brought together in a bowl the flour, sugar, salt, dried yeast and eggs.
- Start working, then add the mashed potatoes and continue processing until a imasto mrbido and not sticky, it may be requested more flour, according to the water contained in the potatoes.
- When you have a soft dough transfer it onto a floured work surface and roll into a rectangular sheet, stuff it with the ham and provolone and wrap the dough over itself to form a roll.
- Place the roll on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, then close the paper around the roll and let rise for 3 hours.
- Riprenete the roll, open the paper and brush the surface with beaten egg yolk with milk.
- Infonare rustic in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, then sfornatelo and let them cool before serving.
- Yours Rustic roll it's ready!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
After the ham and provolone, also try the version with mortadella and mozzarella stuffing!