The rose eggplant and bacon with puff pastry is a finger food very nice, easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion. These roses, as well as being very good are also very tasty to bring to the table an appetizer different from usual and also very appealing to the eye.
Roses eggplant also have the advantage of being very versatile, you can prepare with ham, cured ham or bacon. And moreover you can also vary the vegetables to use and choose for example the zucchini, which have a spore a little 'sweeter than the eggplant.
Roses eggplant are very simple to prepare, you just have in the house a roll of puff pastry and in less than no time to prepare a delicious finger food, to surprise your guests with new and original ideas.
Read also how to make savory croissants with hot dogs
How to make eggplant roses
The eggplant roses are a nice finger food prepared with puff pastry, eggplant and bacon.
Ingredients (7 roses)
- To prepare the rose eggplant of puff pastry started to tick the eggplant and cut into slices of a few millimeters thick.
- Well heated a cast iron plate (or a pan) and grilled eggplant pinwheels halfway through cooking.
- Roll out the puff pastry roll (if you use the rectangular will be facilitated) and cut the strips along the short side, it will be about 7.
- Now take a strip of dough sheet at a time and settle on a slice of grilled eggplant, making it stick out a bit 'over the strip and leaving a few millimeters to the free base. Cover with a slice of bacon and start to wind, closing the base of the strip (millimeters vacated) inwards. Proceeding in this way you will get the roses.
- Open a little 'roses (to remember the petals of a rose hatching) and arrange on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake roses in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Your eggplant roses are ready to be served.
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
The eggplant roses are a finger food to be served hot or cold.