In Sardinia, the sole of the almond tree, and as a result its fruit, is widespread. There are many yummy treats and stage made with almonds. The one presented in this section is made with almond paste, which generally does not need cooking. In some areas of Sardinia recipe it differs in a few details and for baking the dough.
How do Fruttini with almonds and candelaus
Ingredients (for 10-12 portions)
For the Dough:
For the coating:
For the Dough
- Put in a pot the sugar with a bit 'd'water and bring to boil up to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the almonds minced, the lemon and the sambuca and cook further.
- Once cooked allow to cool a little and work 'with your hands to make a uniform mixture.
- The dough is now ready to be molded with various forms: cherries, pears, apples, bananas, prickly pears, watermelons etc ...
For the Frosting and Decoration
- knead the icing sugar with the dredging glue, possibly adding a little 'd'water, to obtain a fairly soft cream.
- Color small pieces of dough processing them with 'aniline of different colors depending on the fruits that are to be achieved.
- At this point, the results depend on the creativity of each of you: the colored sugar paste is spread as a kind of glaze with a brush, a teaspoon or (if you leave the pretty fluid mixture) by immersion with a toothpick.
- They finish the berries by placing the petioles real pears, apples and cherries specially preserved and allowed to dry, and with real lemon leaves cut out with scissors.
- You can create the shades and the light and shade with a brush and aniline dissolved in water.