There hazelnut cream is a variation of the traditional custard rich flavor of hazelnuts, excellent for stuffing the most beautiful and most delicious cakes, which to fill the puffs. The filling of the cakes is one of the more simple operations that both in pastry, but the trick to obtain cakes always at the top is to prepare a cream of good and consistent filling, often changing the taste, not to "bore" the palate of people. So besides all varieties of creams already available in the section dedicated to creams, always I try to give you new ideas for your wonderful preparations.
There hazelnut cream, made with hazelnut paste, it is one of the recipes that I have prepared. Although I have a supply of homemade hazelnut paste to flavor coffee, I must say that even I had never used to make pastry cream with hazelnuts, and when it finally with the last cake I made I decided , I could not help but deeply appreciate the result I got: surprisingly delicious!
Read also how to make the rocher Cream
How to make the hazelnut cream
The hazelnut cream is a cream filling for cakes by the intense flavor of hazelnuts. To this cream you can use the paste of hazel or whole hazelnuts.
Ingredients (for 500 g of cream)
- To prepare the hazelnut cream work the egg yolks with sugar, with an electric or a planetary mixer until mixture is puffy and fluffy, then add the starch and processed again.
- Now add the hazelnut paste and work still to mix everything.
- As you continue to work, at low speed, add the warm milk flush.
- Now pour the cream into a saucepan and put it on the fire, as you continue making thicken and stir with a whisk.
- Transfer the cream into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap in contact and let cool completely.
- Whip the cream and add it to the cream of cold hazelnuts.
- Stir in the cream, stirring while fitted.
- Your hazelnut cream ready.
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
If you have whole hazelnuts'll have to use pulverized.