The chicken cacciatore It is a second dish of white meat, simple and traditional that has its roots in the kitchens of Tuscany, although it is widespread and appreciated throughout Italy. It is a recipe that was born as a poor dish, traditionally prepared with simple ingredients, in addition to chicken, vegetables and tomatoes are in fact provided, however, that may or may not be present in the recipe. In fact not missing, and it is equally tasty, the recipe of chicken cacciatore in white, which is prepared in a similar way to this red version, provided to increase the amount of white wine that determine the fundamental liquid cooking meat, if you want you can also add water.
The chicken cacciatore is a very simple recipe, where the meat tender and delicate flavor such as chicken, are enriched with chopped vegetables: celery, carrot and onion to be made with the point of a knife (not a food processor) and the white wine, or to taste even stronger try the red wine.
The recipe for chicken cacciatore is versatile in terms of the type of meat used, can also try it with other types of white meats, such as turkey and especially the rabbit.
Read also how to make chicken with potatoes
How to make chicken cacciatore
The chicken cacciatore is a traditional main course meat to match with baked potatoes for a complete meal.
Ingredients for 4 people)
- To prepare chicken cacciatore Take the chicken, go well thighs, drumsticks or other parts of the chicken, choose it according to your taste, wash the chicken pieces and tamponateli with kitchen paper.
- Take the vegetables, peel the carrot and cut carrot, onion and celery into strips and then into cubes, creating chopped (not too fine) with the knife and keep aside.
- Heat a little olive oil with a clove of garlic and as soon as the chicken and brown well on the sides will be hot together, turning occasionally.
- When the chicken has taken nuanced color with the white wine and cook, preferably again with the cover, to keep the soft meat.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook it all, doing also soften the vegetables.
- Finally removed the garlic and add the tomatoes, you are going to crush and chop with a fork, season with salt, add a sprig of rosemary, put the lid on the pot and continue cooked for 15-20 minutes on medium heat -bass.
- During cooking, be careful not to dry the sauce, otherwise the chicken will dry up, if necessary add boiling water. After cooking you must have a thick sauce but not too tight.
- Your chicken cacciatore is ready, serve hot.