Do you enjoy traditional flavors and you've decided to revisit browsing our beautiful country and thus enjoying his tradizoni. It 's the time of the buns, simple, stuffed, plush or craccanti and six landed in the beautiful land Ligure, and more precisely in the town of Recco.
You bought you need but do not yet know how to make the focaccia di Recco, You know that it is a traditional preparation prepared with two thin sheets of pasta, which enclose a cheese topping, thus giving rise to a perfect combination, which makes this really irreistibile focaccia. But no worries, the preparation of this cake is simple to make as much as the Genoese flat bread, so make a note of the process and you can not sbaglire.
If you read or prepping is any doubt you ask. If you are finally ready and spirited to address your adventure in the preparation of recchese focaccia, read on, I want to give you some ideas first "historic" to understand where originates this cake, and then I will pass now to explain how to make the focaccia di Recco.
Focaccia di Recco, or Focaccia with Cheese, in Ligure best known as fugassa CO cheese is a traditional focaccia di Recco town prepared with a cheese topping or cheese and meats (like bacon, ham, etc.). The basic ingredients are those that are also used for Focaccia Genovese: water, flour, salt and oil; The fundamental difference is in the preparation of two very thin sheets, which go to enclose a cheese filling, which can also be realized with a cheese mix.
But the Focaccia di Recco with Cheese is a cake that has quite ancient origins, you can in fact find "traces" of this preparation already in the nineteenth century literature. The possible "interpretations" of this focaccia are numerous and wide dissemination of the cake, with all the two changes arising from the particular geographical location, they led restaurant owners to seek official protection, which came in 2011 when, at the Recco Focaccia with cheese PGI was attributed (Protected Geographical Indication).
Like all food products that boast of such a remote history, although the Focaccia di Recco born as a product "poor" which was prepared by the citizens of Recco that, at the time of the Third Crusade, were forced to take refuge in the hinterland, to causes the Saracen invasions. These "invetnarono" so a cake with a few simple ingredients that were in their risposizione. The result of their preparation, however, was so good that the tradition of this focaccia was perpetuated over time consolidating what today is also known around the world as the Focaccia di Recco Focaccia or cheese.
Read also how to make the Rosemary focaccia
How to make the focaccia di Recco
A traditional cake, thin, with creamy cheese filling
Ingredients for 4 people)
For the stuffing:
- To prepare the Focaccia di Recco brought together in a bowl the flour, the salt, the oil and started to work the water by adding wire.
- Knead until you have a compact and smooth dough and place it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour or so.
- Take back the dough and divide it into two parts. Started to roll out the first part into a thin sheet, which will be the size of the pan you will use.
- Place the dough in greased pan and grease it in turn, then add the soft cheese into small pieces.
- Roll out into a sheet, also thin enough the second piece of dough and with this cover focaccia, closing the can edges.
- Prick the surface with a scissors, to avoid that the cake is swollen in cooking, brush them with oil and sprinkle with a little 'salt.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into slices and serve hot.
- Your Focaccia di Recco ready!
In this recipe it was used Manitoba flour de The Magic Flours - The Count.