There Bari-style focaccia bread or Puglia is a very simple traditional flat bread, which is prepared with a dough made of flour, water, yeast and oil, strictly extra virgin olive oil of the best Apulian tradition. It 'a soft and moist cake, also thanks to the presence of boiled potato inside the mixture, slightly CROCCANTINA around. Good hot or cold.
The true recipe for Focaccia Barese, the original and authentic, has a moist and soft dough, and is stuffed with tomatoes (no tomato sauce), black olives (not green), which are arranged in the entire area to make the cake more " beautiful ", extra virgin olive oil and dried oregano that from a very Mediterranean touch spicy.
The Barese focaccia, for its softness and its taste, but not too spicy, reminiscent of a little 'to a pizza, like so much to children. If you want to offer it to the smallest do not forget to pay attention to the olives, if you decide to use them whole (it acquires the appearance of the cake). But let the point and we see how to make focaccia Bari, a preparation as simple and traditional as it is innovative and current.
Read also how to make the Focaccia di Recco
How do Barese focaccia
The Barese focaccia is a tasty and fluffy focaccia, typical of Puglia with a soft dough and stuffed with tomatoes, olives and extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients for 4 people)
For the Filling:
- To prepare the focaccia Bari or Puglia Put in a bowl the flours and salt.
- Add potato ricer passed and oil.
- Begin to knead together and flush the water in which you have dissolved the yeast, and as you continue to work.
- Put your dough (which remains rather sticky) in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, it will take about two hours.
- Grease a baking pan with plenty of oil, trasferiteci the dough and spread it with your hands, even surface anointing him with oil in the pan.
- Now put the cake back to rise for about 1 hour.
- After this time wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and crush a bit 'with her hands to hunt the juice, causing him to fall on the surface of the cake. Do this with all the tomatoes, putting even the tomatoes on focaccia.
- Add olives, arranging them between the tomatoes.
- Add a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of oregano.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Your focaccia Bari is ready, sfornatela and allow to cool.
In this recipe it was used Semolina flour de The Magic Flours - The Count.
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
The Barese focaccia is great either hot or cold.