The Christmas bread It is a rather soft bread very scenic to be served on the boards of the Christmas holidays. The shape of this bread is reminiscent of Candy Cane, the famous American sugar sticks, typical of the Christmas period. served in a basket centerpiece, adorned with bows arranged on the stem, this bread will make a great impression, making the whole spirit of the holidays.
The Christmas bread, prepared with this simple recipe, is realized in a short time, soft, damp lasts for several days, you can just close it in a freezer bag, removing as much air as possible once cooled. When you serve will see that even the kids will love these delicious sticks ... and if you want to have even more extravagant forms, perhaps portions, prepared of the smaller sticks, you will realize eight, for example, getting the big sticks half than the ones that I did.
Read also like Christmas Wreath soft bread
How to make Christmas bread
Christmas bread is a simple bread with the characteristic shape of Christmas poles, type Candy Cane. Adorned the sticks with some bow and Christmas is served!
Ingredients (4 sticks)
- To prepare Christmas bread brought together in a bowl the flour, salt, sugar and barley malt, add the oil and begin to knead.
- As you work, add flush water and warm milk in which you have dissolved the beer and cube of yeast as soon as the liquid they will have been absorbed from mixing also add the softened butter into small pieces.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic dough, put it in a bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled, it will take at least 3-4 hours.
- At this point, resume the dough, deflate it and divide it into four parts, with each consisting of about 50 cm long loaves, round them a bit 'of themselves and bend one end to form the handle sticks, arranged as the sticks on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Engrave the sticks with a knife from the sharp blade and let rise for another hour.
- After the second rising bread bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes, then the oven and let cool.
- Your Christmas bread is ready!