Hacking on the web you run into the loaves of bread looking very inviting, but the thing that caught your attention the most is the preparation of this recipe simplicity that, provided you have a long rising, almost does not require processing. Now you're wondering if making bread at home is as simple, or if it is a hoax?
What you saw is really true! The recipe that you saw, which was conceived by Jim Lahey, and explains how to do Jim cues, ie those delicious loaves of bread you would like to bite, take their name from their creator. As you understand these loaves of bread do not require machining: you simply mix all ingredients that are used for the dough which is subsequently passes on to rise for a fairly long time, in such a way that the mixture is able to take sufficient strength for the growth and the formation of bubbles. The most intriguing of these splints is that touch of semolina flour with semolina which are sprinkled; Also the taste of the bread is enhanced by salt that goes to cover the surface, as is done with some types of buns.
The recipe is very simple, and calculate the rising times to fire the slats, taking them to the table still warm. Just for example, to let you adjust with the times, considering that I have mixed it all at 14:00, I took the dough the following day at 10:00 and I put it to rise to 10.30. After two hours, then at 12:30 I have given form the battens to Jim and I fired at 12:40, to have them at the table at 13:00 o'clock! After doing your accounts, read the recipe to see how to do Jim cues.
How do Splints Jim
Ingredients (for 4 loaves)
for the dough:
- To prepare the Cartons of Jim Put in a bowl the flour, salt, malt and yeast.
- Add water a little at a time, stirring with a spoon as it is absorbed.
- When all the water has been absorbed cover with plastic wrap and place the dough to rise for 20 hours.
- After this time, transfer the dough on a board where you put the semolina flour (risultarvi can help a spatula, because the dough is very soft and sticky).
- Knead the dough making of the bends towards the inside and not just no longer sticks put on a cloth with the closure facing down.
- Grease the surface with olive oil and sprinkle with grains of coarse salt, then close the cloth and let rise another 2 hours.
- Now open the cloth and cut the dough into four parts.
- Take each of these pieces of dough, allungatele a bit '(pulling with your hands) and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the loaves with a little 'oil and again sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Then bake the ribs in the oven at full power for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and your Cartons of Jim they are ready!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
If instead of yeast dehydrated want to use that cool, you have to take 3 grams. but remember that the fresh yeast should not be added directly to the flour, it will be necessary to dissolve it in water.