There baguette with sourdough It is a typical French bread, known and appreciated worldwide. Just hearing the word baguette, which all come to mind those typical loaves of bread, elongated and tapered, crispy outside and soft inside. Ideal to be enjoyed at any time of the day.
The baguette is a bread with yeast from the very honeycombed texture for excellent success is not only essential to use the yeast, you can use what you fresh grown, or choose the one disidrattato (long-life) that is commonly found on the market , as I did in this case. Also, to give a major push to the rise, it is useful to resort also to a chariot, which you can easily prepare the night before and leave it to rise overnight.
The baguette with sourdough, as they are delicious, have the disadvantage of becoming easily Durette, to work around this problem, you can keep you prepared the bread wrapped in a cloth and then store it in a sealed bag. If we were to be little fragrant for your liking, you can always slice the baguette and toast, to make delicious bruschetta.
Read also how to make Croissant browsed
How to make a baguette with mother dehydrated yeast
The baguette with dried yeast is a typically French rustic preparation, ideal to accompany your meal, to be toasted for bruschetta or spread, more and sliced, with butter and jam for breakfast.
Ingredients (for 6 baguette)
For the Dough:
- To prepare the baguette with mother dehydrated yeast started to prepare a chariot: melt the crumbled yeast in water at room temperature, then add the flour, knead, then put the cart in a tall glass jar and let the dough rise at room temperature (if it's too cold too in the oven) all night.
- The following day, when the chariot is ready, gathered a bowl the flours, baking powder mother dehydrated and malt. Add the chariot and the water in which you have dissolved the salt. Work it all until the dough does not stick to the planetary hook (or comes off the sides of the bowl in which you are working). Form a ball and place the dough in a bowl, covering it with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in the oven with the light on for 3-4 hours, or until doubled in volume.
- Now resume the leavened dough and transfer it on a pastry board, divide into 6 equal pieces, then roll out each piece with a rolling pin, then roll it proceeding along the long side, forming a roll.
- Arrange the rolls on a baking sheet covered with a cloth (arrange with the closing down) and let rise again in the oven with the light on for 1 hour.
- Roll out again each roll grew up with a rolling pin and this time wrap proceeding along the short side. Formed loaves, you can stretch it slightly with your hands and arrange them in the baking pan coated with always the canvas.
- Let rise again the loaves in the oven for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 ° including trays. When the oven is ready take the loaves and gently transfer them on the baking sheet, incideteli with miter cuts with a sharp knife, then brush them with oil and water.
- Bake baguettes and cook for half an hour, until you see the golden brown, then sfornatele and let them cool.
- Your baguette with sourdough are ready to be enjoyed!
Author's tipsMarianna Pascarella
If you use fresh yeast, you will need to refresh the day before and take 50 gr.