If you've never tried pickled asparagus, you have lost a lot, but you can catch up and cook it yourself. These juicy and fragrant stems in combination with herbs, spices and many other ingredients are essential in the winter of the year. Pickled asparagus complement its taste your dinner, lunch and breakfast!
Ingredients for marinated asparagus:
At the 5-liter cans:
- Asparagus 3 kg
- apple vinegar 3 cups (250 ml beaker)
- Distilled water is clean 3 cups
- Salt 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 10 teeth
- Lemon ring 5 items
- Pepper sweet pea 10 pieces (2 pieces per bank)
- Black pepper 10 pieces (2 pieces per bank)
Dried spices and herbs:
- Thyme 1 tablespoon
- Red pepper flakes 1 tablespoon
- French Herbs any trademark 1 bag (can be longer)
- grain Mustard 1-2 tablespoons
Paper kitchen towels
Bank sterilized liter - 5 pieces
Metal cover for preserving sterilized - 5 pieces
Kitchen towel - 2 - 3 pieces
Deep pot with lid
Grasping for conservation
The key to conservation
Preparation of pickled asparagus:
Step 1: Prepare the asparagus.
Wash the asparagus under cold running water from all sorts of pollution. Place the asparagus on a cutting board with a knife and cut off the lower ends of the fiber.
Then put on the stove, turn on the strong temperature pan half filled ordinary tap water. Bring water to a boil and asparagus for problanshiruyte 2 - 3 minutes. After using a slotted spoon, remove the stalks from the boiling water and transfer to a clean deep bowl. Once the asparagus is cool, you have a few options, you can cut the asparagus into smaller pieces and marinate the stems intact, as long as they are together in a liter cans.
Step 2: asparagus laid in banks.
Wash lemon under running water, dry it with a paper kitchen towel, place on cutting board and cut into 5 rings. Place the lemon rings in banks, one for each. There also put the peeled garlic 2 pieces per bank, 2 peas allspice and 2 pea black pepper. Tightly packed into sterilized jars asparagus cut down and prepare the marinade.
Step 3: prepare the marinade.
Turn the stove on the average temperature and place the pan on it with the right amount of clean distilled water. After it has boiled in the water add all ingredients listed in spices and herbs. Boil the marinade 2 - 3 minutes to spice disbanded its flavor. Then, add the right amount of salt, apple cider vinegar and cook fragrant liquid has 5 - 7 minutes.
Step 4: pickle asparagus.
Remove the pan from the prepared marinade with Plate, helping himself with a kitchen towel. Then pour it with a ladle for the banks so that the marinade is completely covered with the asparagus, and was below the neck of the cans of not more than 1 centimeter.
Cover the jars with sterilized lids for conservation, put them in a deep pan, pour a thin stream into her usual cold running water so that the liquid did not reach the neck of the cans 2 -3 fingers. Turn on the stove to heat and carefully put on her pot with banks. Once the water boils, screw the plate on the average temperature, cover the pan with a lid and sterilize asparagus 20 minutes. Then pull out cans of boiling water with tongs for conservation, put on the table and close the key to conservation. Hot Banks flip upside down, gently holding their kitchen towel under the lid, and put on one end of the pre-spread on the floor of woolen blankets. A second end cover blankets banks asparagus on, so that there are no gaps. Now marinated asparagus will cool down slowly without sudden changes in temperature during the 12 days.
Cooled jars conservation store it in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, it can be a cellar, basement or closet.
Step 5: Post pickled asparagus.
Pickled asparagus is served room temperature. To fill this conservation can be different, you can open a jar of pickled asparagus, lay it on a plate, pour the vegetable oil and sprinkle with green onions, dill, chopped garlic and parsley.
You can bake it in the oven with bacon.
Add to vegetable salad, or baked goods such as pie, pizza, pies. Marinated Asparagus is an excellent preservation for all occasions! Enjoy and have fun!
Tips to the recipe:
- - If you do not want to preserve the asparagus, and just want it marinate, prepare the stalks so as indicated in the recipe. Then, at the bottom of every glass container in which you want to marinate the asparagus, place lemon rings, asparagus, black pepper, sweet pepper and garlic. Prepare the marinade so as indicated in the recipe, cool it and pour their asparagus. Place the container with the ingredients in a warm place, such as near the stove on 3 - 4 days. After the desired amount of time, close the container with a lid and place it in the refrigerator. Let asparagus stand in the marinade 1.5 - 2 months after the can taste. But in this type of workpiece is a small minus, asparagus marinated in this manner is stored in the refrigerator for 4 - 5 months and canned in a marinade is stored for 1 year.
- - Please note that all the equipment with which you'll make the workpiece must be sterilized or thoroughly washed and treated with hot water! Wash the entire inventory better with soda, unlike the detergent contains no chemical substances and even the most difficult to launder outputted as plaque dirt, oil.
- - Banks can be sterilized in different ways, for example in an autoclave, deep saucepan or a microwave oven. The covers can be sterilized together with the banks or separately in a skillet. their sterilization time is the same as that of the cans.