For the first time you try this dish, my family came to the indescribable delight! Korean salad with green tomatoes It resembles a cross between a salt-pickled or marinated tomatoes with sweet peppers and tender garlic acuity and pronounced smell of greenery. As it turned out, it is possible to store almost the entire winter in the refrigerator or preserve and infuse it in a closet, but more on that later, but now the recipe!
Ingredients for Korean salad from green tomatoes:
- Tomatoes green 1 kg
- Sweet bell peppers 1-2 pieces
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Dill taste and desire
- Vinegar 9% 50 ml
- Vegetable oil 50 ml
- Sugar 50 grams
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Red pepper (dried and ground) 1/2 tsp or to taste and desire
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl, measuring cup, tablespoon, garlic press, a glass half-liter or liter jar - much needed, dense plastic cover - as necessary, refrigerator, dish salad bowl or a la carte.
Preparation of Korean salad of green tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the inventory.
The secret of this magnificent lettuce with me shared a Korean friend, famous for his masterpiece on the market sour-sweet-sharp vegetable dishes. So, I do not know how anyone, and I used to use pieces of crystal clean dishes. Please check the glass, half liter or liter jars for cracks, nicks, and other damage. Then wash them under warm running water streams together with conventional plastic caps, as well as other necessary equipment. During this process may be a conventional soft sponge cooking, baking soda and a detergent with a minimum content of chemicals. After that, banks sterilize any convenient way, and the cap and small kitchen utensils pour over boiling water and put everything on the table.
Step 2: Prepare the ingredients.
Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peeled garlic, sweet peppers from seed to gut and get rid of tails, and the green tomatoes cut off the place, which is attached to the stalk. Wash these foods with herbs and streams of cold running water and dry them with paper kitchen towels. Then, in turn, spread on a cutting board and continue training. Tomatoes chop rings, half rings or quarters.
Salad pepper into cubes or strips of thickness from 6 to 8 millimeters.
Dill finely shinkuem and garlic cloves squeezing through a special press. Then we put on the table the rest of the ingredients and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Ready Korean salad of green tomatoes.
We shift cuts into a deep bowl or other clean containers. Fill them the right amount of vinegar and vegetable oil. Adding to the red hot pepper, sugar and salt.
Mix all clean tablespoon until smooth and leave at room temperature 10-15 minutes, to let the vegetables juice.
Step 4: Keep the Korean salad of green tomatoes.
After the desired time again all mix and distribute salad sterilized jars, lightly tamping and bays juice dripped-off, if the liquid is not enough, add the boiled warm or chilled water. After that clog the clean glass containers with plastic lids and put in the refrigerator, in which this workpiece can be stored about 6 to 9 months, without losing, and even improving its taste.
Step 5: Post Korean salad of green tomatoes.
Korean salad with green tomatoes in the refrigerator only is stored without conservation, pre-packed in glass, preferably sterilized jars and sealed tight plastic lids. Savor the flavor vegetable can be within 8-9 hours, but the longer dish infused, the more gets more intense flavor and aroma. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature in a specially designed for this purpose bowl as an appetizer to the first or second hot dishes. Enjoy!
Tips to the recipe:
- Some hostess was added to the above product shredded in a special Korean sweet grated carrots and chopped onions into strips;
- Instead of dill or parsley can be used not at all putting greens;
- Alternative Dried red chili pepper - a few fresh pods;
- There is no way to store the salad in the refrigerator? Then can the it! Just packagi the present vegetable mixture on glass jars. Pour into bowls each accumulated at the bottom of the juice and, if necessary, add boiled water. Then cover with glass containers with screw or conventional metal lids with a rubber band and sterilize at low heat in boiling water for 25 half liter and liter 30-35 minutes. Then plug the workpiece using a kitchen towel or key for the conservation and cool under a blanket for 2-3 days. Then place the tomatoes in a cool place and enjoy the great taste of winter.