Today we will prepare surprisingly tasty dessert - Viennese bagels. The origin of this miracle disputed several countries, eg in Germany this pastries is a traditional New Year is called "Vanilla crescents", and in the Czech Republic "lunar Christmas cookies." The basis of this culinary masterpiece is a shortcrust pastry with the addition of almond flour and design depends on the taste and desire hostesses that will create this sweet dish!
Ingredients for Viennese bagels:
- Butter (softened) 230 grams
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- egg yolk 1 piece
- Vanilla extract liquid 1 tsp
- Wheat flour, sifted 2 cups
- almond flour 1 cup
- sugar, powdered taste and desire
Kitchen knife, cutting board, food processor with a nozzle for kneading, glass (capacity 200 ml), a teaspoon, a deep bowl, plastic food film, refrigerator, oven, nonstick pan, baking or greaseproof paper, metal kitchen spatula kitchen pot holders, metal grille (from the oven), with a fine mesh sieve, kitchen spatula, dessert bowl or plate.
Preparation Viennese bagels:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
First print out the softened butter, spread it on a cutting board with a knife divide into cubes and put them in the bowl of a food processor.
There also send the right amount of sugar and liquid vanilla extract. Turn kitchen appliance at high speed and whip these products to an air mixture.
Then reduce the harvester speed to medium and begin to enter into the cup sifted wheat flour and almond flour. Initially formed yellowish oily flakes, but eventually knock the dough into a ball.
Once this happens, we shift into a deep bowl, add to chicken egg yolk and knead with clean hands more elastic, soft, slightly sticky flour cake mix. We roll down it into a ball, wrap in plastic food wrap and send in the refrigerator 1 hour.
Step 2: form a Viennese bagels.
After the desired time, turn on and warm up the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Then blanketed nonstick baking sheet or baking parchment paper and dough from the refrigerator. Remove from the polyethylene him, lay on the table and cut the metal kitchen spatula into 4 equal parts.
We send them to a cutting board, roll into sausages and divide each into 5-6 pieces of equal size.
Alternating, roll out their flagella, slightly tapered at the ends, and attach the liver crescent shape.
Then disbanded it on the prepared baking sheet, so that the portions were a short distance from each other, would be enough 1.5-2 cm free space, and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Viennese bake bagels.
Check oven temperature and if it is warmed up, put back on the middle rack bagels. Bake them for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown with a delicate beige hue. preparation principle is the same as that of shortbread, the main thing - do not forget to periodically glances to this yummy not burn!
Once baked browned, worn on the hand kitchen pot holders, swap the pan to a cutting board, previously put on the table, and a little cool for her.
Then, using a kitchen spatula, shift the bagels on a metal grate and give them the opportunity to fully cool to room temperature. After that, using a fine mesh sieve and sprinkle with fragrant dish with powdered sugar and serve an it on a platter or in a special vase as a dessert.
Step 4: Post Viennese bagels.
Vienna bagels and decorate cooled icing, icing, melted with black or white chocolate, mastic or favorite cream.
Then cookies served on a specially designed for this purpose bowl with cold or warm drinks, such as tea, coffee, milk, juice, cocoa, jelly, yogurt, yogurt or compote, it all depends on personal preference. Enjoy a delicious and easy baking!
Tips to the recipe:
- Almond flour can be bought in supermarkets, through the online store or prepare yourself. Make it very simple! Pour the brown almonds with boiling water and soak it in a form of 5 minutes. Then fold in a colander and leave it for 2 minutes, to glass excess fluid. Then peel and dry the nuts in the oven at a temperature of 120-150 degrees Celsius for 5-6 minutes, in a frying pan - 2-3 minutes or at room temperature for a week. Then grind them using a food processor, blender or coffee grinder and sift the powder through a sieve with fine mesh - meal is ready!
- Not bad, but not an ideal alternative to butter - margarine for baking top grade with a maximum amount of fat and a minimum of liquid and liquid vanilla extract - about 12-15 grams of vanilla sugar;
- Very common in this type of test is added milled hazelnuts and walnuts;
- This type of cookies are best kept in a tin box, paper bag or glass jar with a tightly fitting lid;
- Amounts of the above ingredients turn portions 22-24.